Tuesday, March 15, 2011

First written post: Update on current work in-progress.

So finally we have sprung ahead and for the first time the snow in Ottawa seems to be melting quickly. It's a great time to update my blog and post some interesting things that I've noticed in the world of design. Back in December I held a small Art Show at Algonquin College and I learned quite a bit from the experience.
Pieces from Art Show, December 2010
At That point I was really into the use of grunge layers on top of the key images set to overlay. I found a very interesting tutorial from www.tutsplus.com. I recommend checking this site out for advice on any Adobe Software. So now that spring is in sight I'm looking for an interesting theme for a new potential Art Show. I recently made a piece further down on the blog of a wolf howling at the moon. I think that nature would make for a good theme for future work.
Also for the past few months a small group of former classmates and I have been developing a company and website designing websites and print for clients in Ottawa. Until the website is up (very soon) check out our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/TenOeight-Studios/138683836187476.
I also plan to continue to work with my good friend Jezsica Reilly, processing her photos into my designs. Checkout her portfolio and site: http://jezsicareilly.com/.
After Photoshop.
Jezsica Reilly Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment